Wednesday, September 12, 2007

4 throttle my ride













Pre 4throttle

Despite all the negative things people say about this project, I keep my self upbeat to achieve the impossible for most people. To start off, my ride is a 1595cc 4G92p originally SOHC turned DOHC thanks to the beautiful mitsu head I found laying around I cant remember where.

So I relocate the battery to the rear to accommodate the BMC (style) CAI open pod air filter, thanks to the great looks of carbon fibre and my car has actually reduced its weight by a couple of kilos!!!! Duhh but thats not the point, it goes tad faster, and cooler too.. and more efficient. Later fitted an RPW (style) 4-2-1 header and it keeps on pushing my butt to my seat! I'm impressed. with slightly bigger pipes and a not so good but not too bad rear muffler, I could easily win a traffic light drag with most standard 1.8 GTi's Hmm not to mention R3(maybe the driver isnt so good). Well just to not upset you guys, any other R3's are really fast out there. I just havent found one yet..

To list the mods this far,
1) Mitsu 4g93 Cylinder Head (not PNPd)
2) Battery Relocation to rear
3) BMC Style Open pod air filter with CAI, thats cold air intake
4) Steel Braided aircraft quality brake hose all around, DOT4 Fluid, Metal King Pads
5) RPW style 4-2-1 kickass Header, 2inch flexi-back pipe, catless, no midbox, S-flow muffler
6) 15inch alloys and 195/50 low quality rubbers.
7) Disconnected PCV to intake hose, breather used. (no OCT, yet)
8) Titan Coilovers (the biggest investment thus far) 6kg/4.5kg (front/rear linear)
9) Ultra racing struts (4point front tower/3 point rear)
10) Ultra caring fender bars (3point)
11) Integra seats, theyr cheap and comfy and at the same time keeps me from being thrown off..
12) RSM and SAFC II
13) Exedy Clutch (normal type)
14) Quick Release Steering Kit and those 16inch steering found laying around in chopshop.

15) Full front Mirage CA4A Conversion (big rhombus spotlight type), Mirage rear spoiler






No comments: